Safe. Sound. Secure.
NextMark wants to help protect your financial future. As a reminder – we will NEVER call or contact you and request to verify your identity. If you do receive a call and are unsure about the solicitor, please contact us immediately at 703-218-9900 to report it.
Identity Theft Precautions
- Update your address, contact information and passwords regularly
- Limit personal information on checks.
- Enroll in online banking account alerts
- Carry only essential identification on a daily basis.
- Do not provide your complete Social Security number unless it is absolutely necessary.
- Be vigilant of calls claiming to be the IRS requesting personal information. The IRS will never call or email you to request personal info.
- Make copies of vital information and store them in a secure place and limit the use of paper statements.
- Shred old documents containing personal information
- Look over your credit report regularly – at least once a year – for any inaccuracies. Obtain a free report annually from AnnualCreditReport.com
- Limit the credit offers you receive by enrolling in OptOurPreScreen.com or Contact the National Consumer Credit Reporting Agencies at 888-567-8688 to opt out of unsolicited offers
Email, Phone & Mail
- Avoid opening questionable emails and never open any attachments or click on the links if you can’t verify the credibility of the sender
- Contact us immediately if you receive a suspicious email or call claiming to come from NextMark Credit Union.
- Memorize your passwords and change them frequently.
- Be wary of attractive and time sensitive offers especially during the holidays when consumers are more vulnerable to sneaky scammers
- Be aware of telephone scams.NextMark Credit Union will never make an unsolicited telephone request for your account information, password, or other sensitive data
- Promptly retrieve incoming mail. Collect your mail as soon as possible every day to limit the opportunity for theft
- Do not place outgoing mail in your mailbox. Deposit mail in a U.S. Postal Service mailbox or at the post office to reduce the chance of mail theft.
- Know your billing and statement cycles. Contact the company’s customer service department if you stop receiving your regular bill or statement.
Credit & Debit Cards
- Enroll in VISA transaction alerts
- Report lost or stolen cards and checks immediately.
- Review account statements regularly
- Contact NextMark Credit Union if you see questionable charges.
- Cancel and destroy unused credit cards.
- Keep your PIN secure.
- Refrain from using personal information such as pet names and birthdates for PINs
- Be aware of your surroundings and exercise caution when using ATMs.
While I’m at it …
Here are some things to check out.
Get a free credit reportGet your free report here
Obtain one free credit report from all three credit bureaus annually.
Stop receiving prescreened offersOpt out from prescreened offers
Tired of receiving countless promotional offers?