The pandemic. Navigating to what's next.
Important COVID-19 Information for NextMark Members
We're Here To Help
As we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, NextMark continues to prioritize the health and safety of our members, our employees, and the community we serve.
Mobile & Online Banking Access
Our ONLINE and MOBILE Banking options are available 24/7. We encourage you to enroll today by simply clicking the “LOG IN” button on our homepage.
Lobby, Drive-Thru, & ATM Hours & Locations
Lobbies/Drive-Thrus are open at our Members Way, Springfield, & Government Center Branches. The ATM is accessible 24/7.
Do you need financial guidance or planning? We encourage you to contact us, or use our partner GreenPath’s Financial Wellness resources.
Financial Relief Assistance
We have relief available to help those affected by COVID-19. For details, call 703-218-9900 or email Member Solutions.
Branches - Hours of Operation
Fairfax Branch: 4201 Members Way, Fairfax, VA 22030
Lobby Hours: M-F 10am – 3pm. M-F 3pm – 5pm – By appointment only.
Saturday: By appointment only. Call 703-218-9900 to schedule an appointment.
Drive-Thru Hours: M,T,W,F: 9am-5pm, Th: 9:30am-5pm, Sat: 9am -1pm
The Night Drop will remain open at this location.
Springfield Branch: 6506 Loisdale Rd., #100, Springfield, VA 22150
Lobby Hours: M-F 10am – 3pm, M-F 3pm – 5pm – By appointment only.
Saturday: By appointment only. Call 703-218-9900 to schedule an appointment.
Drive-Thru Hours: M,T,W,F: 9am-5pm, Th: 10am-5pm, Sat: 9am -1pm
Government Center Branch: 12000 Government Center Pkwy, Fairfax, VA 22035
Lobby Hours: Monday ONLY; 8am-4pm. If a Federal Holiday falls on a Monday, the branch will open on Tuesday.
IMPORTANT: In accordance to state health & safety protocols, we are limiting up to 10 members at each branch at one time. We request that all members wear masks but that you remove them momentarily upon entering or at teller windows so we can identify you. If you prefer not to wear a mask, we invite you to use the Drive-Thru.
For faster service: Print and complete your Deposit Slip ahead of time. No worries if you don’t, we have slips available for you at our Drive-Thrus.
COVID-19 Financial Relief Products
- 90-Day NO PAY Loan¹: Borrow up to $5,000 and payments are deferred for the first 90 days. Email Member Solutions or call 703-218-9900 to get started. Please do not include personal financial information in your email.
- Defer a Loan Payment: Defer up to two loan payments on eligible loans. Get started by completing the Defer a Loan Payment form.
- First Responder Loan²:Borrow up to $1,000 for 12 months at 0% APR. Email Member Solutions or call 703-218-9900 to get started. Please do not include personal financial information in your email.
- 1st Mortgage Loan Assistance: If you are concerned about paying your mortgage, contact our Mortgage Department at 800-231-8855 or find out more about how we can help at cumortgage.net
- Consumer Counseling: Call 703-218-9900 to talk with our Certified Credit Union Financial Counselors. Our partner GreenPath, has resources to help you through this difficult time. Visit NextMarkCU.org to find out more.
- Non-NextMark ATM Usage Fees Being Waved³: ATM fees charged by NextMark have been eliminated.
- Certificate Early Withdrawal Penalties WAIVED⁴: If you require financial relief during this difficult time, you may withdraw a designated amount from your NextMark Certificate and we’ll waive the early withdrawal penalty. Whatever remains will continue earning interest at the Annual Percentage Yield (APY) when the certificate was opened.
COVID-19 PANDEMIC Resources
With increasing concerns about the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we understand that you may have some concerns about how NextMark could potentially be affected if the virus becomes more prominent in the Northern Virginia Area.
We are assessing and prioritizing essential business functions and processes and we want to assure you that we have proactively taken the necessary steps to diligently review and test our Business Continuity Plan (BCP) – Pandemic Infectious Disease Policy. Our main priority is the safety of our employees, and our ability to continue serving our members without interruption.
We can assure you that:
- Your accounts will remain accessible and secure. Your funds are federally insured up to $250,000 per share account owner. Additional information on NCUA share insurance coverage for members is available at MyCreditUnion.gov.
- Our branches will remain open unless we feel the safety of our employees and members is at risk.
- Our member service staff will be available to assist you remotely via email and telephone, and through online banking messenger.
We are following the WHO, CDC and state and local health authorities for information and status updates. We have also implemented infection control strategies within our operations to prevent exposure and reduce risk of infection.
School closures have disrupted many children’s meals. Fairfax County Public Schools has set up food distribution at locations across the county. View a full list of locations and times here: FCPS Food Resources for Families.
What you can do to help & protect your money further:
- Be weary of fraudsters who are using the COVID-19 to take advantage of vulnerable and anxiety driven consumers. Protect yourself by not clicking on links in emails or texts you were not expecting or did not request. Visit our fraud protection page to review our list of recommendations.
- Use your debit and credit cards for making purchases and avoid walking around with large amounts of cash. Your NextMark deposits are insured up to $250,000 per share owner, for each account ownership category. But once you withdraw it in cash, it is not protected.
FCPS – Fairfax County Public Schools
VDH Virginia Department of Health
CDC – Center for Disease Control
WHO – World Health Organization
Fairfax County Government
NextMark Fraud Protection Page
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact our member support team at 703-218-9900 or by email.We appreciate your trust and confidence as we work to get through this together.
Stimulus Payment FAQs
NextMark would like to help you find answers for questions about these very important payments. Although we cannot directly influence when or if you receive a payment, we can help by providing you with links to specific IRS resources on the web.
To determine if you are eligible visit the IRS website for a list of eligibility requirements here: Eligibility
As a financial institution, we don’t know any more about the payment schedule than the general public. However, the IRS has an online tool that anyone can use to determine when they will receive their payment. Find out when your payment will arrive here: When Will I Get My Payment
You may have read that non-filers may need to provide some information to the IRS in order to receive their stimulus payment. They can do that here: Non-Filer Information
¹ 0.00% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) during the deferral period, then 36 payments at the APR you qualify for. Subject to credit approval. The rate you qualify for after the 90 day deferral period is determined by your creditworthiness. Must be a member in good standing of NextMark for at least 6 months. One loan per member. Your last paystub and proof that you have been negatively impacted by COVID-19, as well as other information, will be required. This is a limited time offer.
² 0% Annual Percentage Rate (APR). Must be a member in good standing of NextMark for at least 6 months. One loan per member. Verification of employment as a first responder, last pay stub, and proof that you have been negatively impacted by COVID-19, as well as other information, will be required. Subject to credit approval. This is a limited time offer.
³If ATM owner imposes a surcharge, NextMark will refund up to $10 per month.
⁴Effective as of 4/7/2020. Limited time offer. Subject to change without notice.
All loan programs, rates, terms, and conditions subject to change at any time without notice. Federally Insured by NCUA. Equal Housing Lender.